Starting a workout routine can be like wanting to dip into a pool. You stand at the edge, unsure about taking that leap. One of the first big questions: “How often should I exercise?” Let’s make this super simple.
Your Body: The Garden Model
- Sun and Water: Think of your body as a garden. For plants to grow, they need sunlight and water. Too little and they wilt; too much and they drown. Your body’s the same. Too little exercise and it feels weak, too much and it gets tired.
- Finding the Balance: For most busy adults, working out 2-3 times a week is like giving your garden just the right amount of water to start out. It’s a balance that helps your body stay strong but not worn out.
- Past Experience: Some might say, “I used to exercise a lot before!” That’s great! But remember, gardens change with seasons. What worked in the past might need adjustments now.
Practical Steps to Start
- Listen to Your Body: Begin with light exercises. As you get comfortable, add a bit more every week. If you feel pain (not to be confused with the good burn), it’s a sign to take it easy.
- Consistency Over Intensity: It’s better to have short, regular sessions than to push too hard and risk injury.
- Make a Plan: Choose specific days for workouts. Maybe Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, or Tuesday and Saturday. Do your best to stick to these days and make it a habit.
In short, understanding your body and finding that perfect workout balance is a journey. And guess what? You don’t have to take this journey alone. If you’re keen to dive deeper into crafting the perfect fitness routine, come chat with us! Book a No Sweat Intro with our team. It’s easy-peasy – just click here and set a date. Let’s make fitness simple and fun, together! 💪🌼🎵